Old humminbird fish finder???

Status
Not open for further replies.

torijake

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Have an old humminbird fish finder,that reads 28 to 30 ft etc of water when i can see bottom and know is 3-6 ft.I am new to this and have programmed it to where i think it should be.Is it just old and dead or could there be something else i am missing,and need a new one ......
Thanks John......................

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Old humminbird fish finder???

Find a menu option to reset defaults, if it has one. What model is it?

torijake

Petty Officer 3rd Class

All it says on it is humminbird Wide Eye (C) Serial #4245634.

Thanks for anymore info and help.....
John

John_S

Rear Admiral

In case you do not have user's manual: http://www.humminbird.com/PDF/wideeye.pdf

Check to make sure transducer is parrellel to bottom. It is easy for them to get pushed up in an angled position when loading/unloading from trailer, etc. Also, sometimes high-speed or loose attachment bolt.

Try resetting defaults and see what it reads in deeper water. Shallow hard bottom can cause problems, but it is unusual to hold a steady 30' in 3 FOW. That is why I suspect transducer position. If it reads something more reasonable in deeper water, try lowering sensitivity in shallow water.

torijake

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Imported John S.Thanks a ton for the info and site for manual.I will check your suggestions out today.
Again thanks.....
John....

Jake&Tori

Recruit

Imported John S.Thanks a ton for the info and site for manual.I will check your suggestions out today.
Again thanks.....
John....

My husband and I bought a depth finder at an estate sale, knowing nothing about depth finders except that hummingbird was the brand to have. It was just the face and needed cords/mounting bracket etc...I googled hummingbird and couldn't find the model we bought but came across your question titled "old hummingbird fish finder" and since my husband's name is Jake and my name is Tori, I thought "must be karma~better check it out"! Sure enough, that's the model we have! And I sure appreciated the download for the owner's manual...Would you mind telling me what your mounting bracket and transducer cable numbers are so I can start looking for a replacement? OR is this depthfinder even worth fixing up? Thanks in advace :)
Tori

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

12. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own.

This thread is 3 years old, Tori. Please respect our rules.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.