'76 Stuery Restoration

Steury Owner

Cadet
Here a picture of the boat my grandpa just gave me. Its not the greatest pic but I am trying to figure out how to keep the file size of them down in order to post them. More coming soon. I want to restore it to look as close to original as possible with the exception of custom woodwork I will be doing. Any ideas or advice on Steury boats, restoring the finish, or materials would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: '76 Stuery Restoration

Very solid boats with nice construction. The decking plywood was a bit cheap but that was about it. Steury was sold :(

Figure out what it needs and go for it. What is powering that beast?

Your picture is perfect size.

Steury Owner

Cadet

This boat is powered by a 235HP OMC sterndrive. I remember the boat being pretty fast and powerful when i would go tubing as a kid.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

They are respectable boats. I would make sure everything in that obsolete OMC drive is working perfect. Some OMC parts are NLA and they receive a daily bashing from some people. If it is well maintained and you don't hammer it ....it will last.

1976steury1976

Recruit

Also have a 76 I'm currently working on. If I could just win even a small lottery she would be water ready yesterday but as is currently stands I have a long way to go before she is ready for the open water. Good luck with your project and keep those pictures coming. Like that cover any idea who he had make it?

731660341_GrVfG-S.jpg

boatflipper

Chief Petty Officer

I LOVE the way that boat looks. I always liked the older cruisers that followed that style. Very classy looking! I would like to see some more pics if possible0 especially the inside!

jcsercsa

Captain

Welcome there Steury Owner . Nice rides you got there !! are they both total restros ?? John

marco383

Recruit

I LOVE the way that boat looks. I always liked the older cruisers that followed that style. Very classy looking! I would like to see some more pics if possible0 especially the inside!

I would also love to see more pictures of the inside of the boat if possible. I have the exact boat waiting for restoration.

Attachments

• DSCF3040.jpg
    DSCF3040.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3038.jpg
    DSCF3038.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0

lofandy13

Recruit
Help!

Help!

i recently acquired a steyry model s-2500-cr-10. i need as much info as i can get. it is 28' long and has 2 OMC 230 motors.