Teak Accent Replacement

hughes540

Recruit
Hello everyone,

I am in the middle of a buff and fluff on my 1988 Celebrity 230v Cuddy and had my bow teak accent pieces off for stain and storage while work is done on the hull.
While the wood was off to the side, my dog chewed through one of the accent pieces! I almost sent her to an early death!!!
My problem is I do not know where to look or purchase/have made a new piece for my boat...
Can anyone help this poor sap dog owner?

Thanks for the help and here is a picture of the type of piece I am replacing.

BobShoes

Attachments

• teak.jpg
    teak.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0

maxum247

Lieutenant
Re: Teak Accent Replacement

Pretty much any craftsman should be able to replicate the peice for you. Table saw and router should pretty much do the trick.
Any boat builder's in your area, you may be able to pick up the teak wood there, you might ask if they would replicate the peice for you for a fee if they have the time.
Or you may find it premade at some of the boating stores like iboats store, Overton's, West Marine, etc.

max!

PFalcon

Seaman
Re: Teak Accent Replacement

That is an extremely easy detail.

You can just take the mirror image {starboard) piece to most any cabinet shop and save a lot of money. "Marine" = $$$

It is a small strip, you can look for hardwood suppliers in your area that carry teak, and pick up an "Offall" piece (scrap) cheap.

If you get a good feeling from them ask "hey can someone run it through the saw and match this kerf, or even make me a mirror image of this?"

I know many suppliers in DFW that would do just that, and be happy to help out. Suggestion think Woodwork not Marine.

PF