what will be the difference

strocker383ca

Seaman
from a raker 24 pitch to a 22 pitch .. will i see a huge difference to get out of the water... i wanna do ski.tube ,wake ??

evin268fs

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: what will be the difference

Rakers are not known for great holeshot, I have tried them, they are a great top end prop

I have had good luck getting better holeshot with the Viper props but you will lose 1-2 mph top end

strocker383ca

Seaman

if viper prop are better for the hole shot what kind of pitch should i look any idea ???

11rufus11

Seaman Apprentice

Some info first please. Boat, motor, and wot rpms w/24 pitch? I prefer the Viper to the Raker, but I had the benefit of trying both props before deciding.

strocker383ca

Seaman

21 feet hydrostream tunnel..1988 johnson 200gt .raker 24 pitch.running around 5700 wot at 82-84 mph ..looking for a ski and tube prop

11rufus11

Seaman Apprentice

Wow, those Hydrostream tunnel boats can really get up to speed can't they? In my opinion, I would not fix what ain't broke. With your rig you should be able to pull up any skier or tube with no problem.

strocker383ca

Seaman

well with 4 people in .. i would like to have a bit more puntch to pull skier or tube or any other things ..i can do it with the 24 pitch but i can see that the motor torque alot for nothing and it take time to get out of the water ..i guess ill check for a viper or raker 22 pitch and see from there ....

evin268fs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do not think I would not go lower than a 23P, The blade design is just better on the bottom end. You can keep going lower but you give up more and more speed.

strocker383ca

Seaman

thnx well i don't care about the top speed its a prop for fun ..to pull ski ,tube ,wake board ...so i doesnt really care about top speed..if i wanna go fast ill put back the 24 on it ....