ignition question

scr350

Seaman Apprentice
i have a 92 maxum scr with a 350, it was repowered before i bought it with a carbed vortec motor, the distributor has 5 wires coming from it. 2 on one side of the module and 3 on the other. my question is which wire do i ground to set the timing. if i time it the way it now, its not even close to the timing mark. my manual doesnt even show this distributor set up for the 350, only for a 3.0 i believe.

boatguya1

Chief Petty Officer
Re: ignition question

Sounds like a delco EST ignition. I think there is a little "tool" that plugs to one side inplace of the wire harness to shunt the ignition for timing. It's just a plug in with a jumper wire if I remember correctly. Not sure what posts.

James

scr350

Seaman Apprentice

i was looking for something like that but i didnt locate anything that even looked like it could be jumped or plugged into.

boatguya1

Chief Petty Officer

If I'm thinking the right distributor you have to unplug one of the harnesses that go to it and plug in the little tool. Without seeing it I might be thinking the wrong dist.

James

scr350

Seaman Apprentice

i was wrong, my dist. has 3 wires on one side of the module and only one on the other. the one white wire goes to the neutral switch. i hope someone can help me out here....