needing some answers on bayliner 125 please

bradynovian

Recruit
i just bought a 1989 bayliner capri 125 i took it out the other day and it just dosnt seem to be going as fast as i belive it should and it seems like it kinda misses out every noe and then more so under a load like taking off and also when i turn it seems to loose power and slow down of couse its gunna go a little bit slower but it just seems to bog down way to much basicly i know it should go faster the speedomoter dosnt work but ide say it dosnt get over 35 0r 40 max im just looking fore some help thank brady

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: needing some answers on bayliner 125 please

Hiya Brady,

.. well ur leaving out a lot of info, but if ur doing 35-40 without a good tune-up thats not bad. things we need to know are, what model capri? thats tells us length. how many on the boat when you were running wot, do you have a hydrofoil to help hole shot and plain? start with a new set of plugs and fresh fuel/mix. those two things may be all u need.

good luck

john from md

Commander
Re: needing some answers on bayliner 125 please

Chances are that it has never been de carbonized. Go to the FAQ and find the instructions for doing a decarb. Also, do a compression check before and after the decarb to see if it made a difference.

The other thing about old boats is that many times folks never clean and rebuild their carbs. This can also be causing problems.

You need to start at a base line, a tune up and decarb new fuel pump and new water pump so that you know where you are. From there you can work out the small adjusments.

Regards,

John