91 evinrude 115 has trouble plaining out

NirtoRunner

Recruit
I have a 91 nitro with a 91 evinrude 115. the boat has problems plaining out at full throtle. when i go to take off the nose sticks way up in the air and takes way too long to come back down and get up to full speed no mater how i play with the trim. I have installed a whale tale on the motor and it did not help much at all.

If anyone has any answers to fix this problem it would be a great help.
Thanks!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 91 evinrude 115 has trouble plaining out

1/ trim should be all the way down. 2/ is the motor the right length for the transom? 3/are you sure, you don't have a water logged hull? 4/ have you check compression and spark on the motor. 5/ i hate whale tales. 6/ is all the load in the stern?

NirtoRunner

Recruit

Does not help when trim is all the way down. Hull is not water logged. Spark is good on all four cylinders. I have no load on the boat except for me, batteries, and gas tank.

The motor is the same motor that came on the boat when bought new, so i would assume it is the right lenght for the transom, but don't know how to tell.

Have not checked compression yet, but I will and get back with you.

Thanks.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Your motor has a trim limiter or thrust rod which may be set too far from the transom; try moving it closer.

Attachments

• 91 Trim limiter.JPG
    91 Trim limiter.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 0