Is my seatfoam ruined?

kgoings

Recruit
During our move my boat had to be stored away from my house...our collapsable wakeboard tower was supported so it would not lay on the rear deck. Well something unsupported it and it sat for who knows how long laying on the rear deck foam. Now the foam is all dented in and looks like crap.

Is the foam ruined? Do I need to replace it? Is the prefabbed foam or do I have to cut it myself and where would i buy it?

My boat is a 2005 Reinell 200LSE

bparsel

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Is my seatfoam ruined?

As long as you feel comfortable taking off the vinyl and putting it back on, you should be able to steam the foam and have it come back into shape.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Most likely if you just let it sit for a while it will level out.Its just still under compression.Put it in the sun for a week or so and see if it dont come back up.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Before taking it apart, I would leave it sit in the sun for a few days and see it it comes back to shape on its own. If it doesn't come back to shape, then try to undo the edge of the upholstery and pad in the collapsed area with poly fiber fill rather than doing complete foam replacement. May have to use a stick type probe to push it in and around to get it smooth. It would be much easier than installing new foam and should come out looking OK.

kgoings

Recruit

Thanks I will let it sit in the sun, and hopefully that will fix it.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

bikini's work great for that

I don't think bikinis on their own will help much.... now if they're applied in just the right way to something hot and that item was placed.... oh forget it, my mind is wandering, it's been a long winter :p

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

bikinis will make you not care about the seat

S. Toth

Petty Officer 3rd Class

lol, that seat will reform just fine:D