johnson oceanrunner 200

diveboat11

Recruit
I just bought a boat a 95 hurricane fun deck with a 200 ocean runner got a good deal boat, motor,trailer everything in great shape but the reason for deal is one cyl has only got 40lbs pressure from what they told me all others are good i would expect over 100 lbs i have never worked on outboards wondering where i should start first i have worked on about every thing except outboards wonder if i should decarb to see if i got a sticky ring? i will take all opinions i cant work on much just got out of surgery but i cant wait but i bought the boat thinking worst case senerio powerhead 3000.00 thanks all

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: johnson oceanrunner 200

I guess the very first step will be to do your own compression test, then remove the plugs and see what the low comp one looks like, then remove head and see if there is any obvious signs of bore or piston damage, that should keep you busy for a while, then get back to us with the results.

diveboat11

Recruit

thats kinda what i had in mind you cant trust to many people these days .and yes what did cause 1 piston to go bad i alway figure if 1 part went bad theres a reason for it from what they told me this boat sat in a airplane hanger alot ,these people got some $$.but they never did anythig but com check and i think that came up when they went to sell it for 12000.and the guy backed out but thanks for the feed back guys i will get back to you with details much appreciatied..

diveboat11

Recruit

update we are going to have to get a new powerhead i popped of the head and piston be cracked off on one side bummer i found a shop on the net for a little under 3000. with a lifetime warranty as long as i own the motor if any body can find something betterlet me know this place is boat part store .com thats all shipping included ..