87 Force 50 hp coil problem

Notch460

Recruit
I replaced the Coil for the number 1 cylinder and tried starting the motor . had no spark on the number 1 cylinder but had spark on the number 2 cylinder. traced that problem to the white magneto contact on the ignition switch . now

I have spark on the number 1 cylinder but now I lost the spark on the number two cylinder . I traced all wires and they are still connected . I even switched the wires on the coil packs and still no spark but the other pack still works . now I get spark every once in a while but just barely . is there a way to pull the pack apart to see if its just a bad spark plug wire . I know the wire is soldered to the board but can it be replaced?

Notch460

Recruit
Re: 87 Force 50 hp coil problem

also could it be the terminals on the coil . do these tend to wear on these motors ?

Re: 87 Force 50 hp coil problem

I just had a similar problem pulled the fly wheel had a loose ground screw to my contacts might be something you may want to check out also there was a sheared key fixed both and both pack get power to them now you can test with a test light for power going into the coil first though i had no power to my coil