Who wrote this article?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Here are excerps of an article, less any author identifying text.<br />Can you guess who wrote it?<br />Arguments on the validity of the comments in the article are not what I'm after here. Save them for your pondering, or start a new thread if you wish to bash and banter.<br /><br />Just wondering if any of you can identify the author.<br /><br />________________________________________________________________<br />I love being a conservative. We conservatives are proud of our philosophy. Unlike our liberal friends, who are constantly looking for new words to conceal their true beliefs and are in a perpetual state of reinvention, we conservatives are unapologetic about our ideals. We are confident in our principles and energetic about openly advancing them. We believe in individual liberty, limited government, capitalism, the rule of law, faith, a color-blind society and national security. We support school choice, enterprise zones, tax cuts, welfare reform, faith-based initiatives, political speech, homeowner rights and the war on terrorism. And at our core we embrace and celebrate the most magnificent governing document ever ratified by any nation--the U.S. Constitution. Along with the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes our God-given natural right to be free, it is the foundation on which our government is built and has enabled us to flourish as a people.<br /><br />The real crackup has already occurred--on the left! The Democratic Party has been hijacked by 1960s retreads like Howard Dean; billionaire eccentrics like George Soros; and leftwing computer geeks like Moveon.org. It nominated John Kerry, a notorious Vietnam-era antiwar activist, as its presidential standard-bearer. Its major spokesmen are old extremists like Ted Kennedy and new propagandists like Michael Moore. Its great presidential hope is one of the most divisive figures in U.S. politics, Hillary Clinton. And its favorite son is an impeached, disbarred, held-in-contempt ex-president, Bill Clinton.<br />The Democratic Party today is split over the war and a host of cultural issues, such as same-sex marriage and partial birth abortion. It wants to raise taxes, but dares not say so. It can't decide what message to convey to the American people or how to convey it. And even its once- reliable allies in the big media aren't as influential in promoting the party and its agenda as they were in the past. The new media--talk radio, the Internet and cable TV--not only have a growing following, but have helped expose the bias and falsehoods of the big-media, e.g., Dan Rather, CBS News and the forged National Guard documents. Hence, circulation and audience is down, and dropping.<br /><br />The American left is stuck trying to repeat the history of its presumed glory years. They hope people will see Iraq as Vietnam, the entirety of the Bush administration as Watergate and Hurricane Katrina as the Great Depression. Beyond looking to the past for their salvation, the problem is that they continue to deceive even themselves. None of their comparisons are true. Meanwhile, we conservatives will continue to focus on making history.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Who wrote this article?

I think I overheard Rush reading it this AM . . . That's all I have to contribute.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Hmmm... I'd have to say Nancy Pelosi or Al Franken<br /><br /><br /> :p

PW2

Commander

Who cares who wrote it? Drivel is drivel no matter who originates it.

oddjob

Commander

If nobody owns up to it....i'll take it..

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

"Arguments on the validity of the comments in the article are not what I'm after here. Save them for your pondering, or start a new thread if you wish to bash and banter."<br /><br />A most juvenile cloaking of a troll.<br /><br />txswinner, here's a food-fight for ya'.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Bill Clinton wrote that.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> "Arguments on the validity of the comments in the article are not what I'm after here. Save them for your pondering, or start a new thread if you wish to bash and banter."<br /><br />A most juvenile cloaking of a troll.<br /><br />txswinner, here's a food-fight for ya'. <br />
DITTO!...get it? ditto's everyone! :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yes, it was RUSH. Published in The Wall Street Journal today.<br />I was reading it and immediately recognised his style of writing.<br />Just wondered if anyone else would recognise it.<br /><br />I guess I got the responses that I anticipated. :( <br /><br />Here you go: <br />Did anyone read how Ted Kennedy supposedly tried to save some stranded fishermen on Sunday?<br /><br />"" Farrenkopf said Kennedy is familiar with the water and thought he would do the right thing.'' "" .. for a change :D :D <br /><br /><br />What a goof. He tried the rescue in a 13' Whaler, in 35 mph winds, and 5 foot waves crashing over the jetty. Smart. Another failed water rescue by Edward ..Ted.. uh, Edward.<br /><br /><br /> http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=107382

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

ok. so now I throw a troll out there and no one even responds. ???<br />Much like my real fishing efforts of late.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Rosco,if I would have to save those people I would have picked a whaler any time over most other boats out there.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

I should have known such a heaping pile of steaming self-glorification would be from rush.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yes rolmops, a Whaler is a good choice. But it seems a bit undersized for the job considering the conditions. He's lucky he didn't get smashed on the jetty and become a statistic.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Ok I have seen a few of you guys from the left talk down this artical.....lets hear some specific reasons why its drival a "a heaping pile of steaming self-glorification"

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I think what Mr. Moore meant was that Rush is a heaping pile of steaming self glorification.. ;) But, I wouldn't want to put words into anyone's mouth.....JK

PW2

Commander

All I want from the conservative side is that someday you actually *SHOW* us how wonderful you are, as opposed to this incessant *TELLING* us how wonderful you are...<br /><br />And of course the obligatory excuses why your policies don't work, blamed on the *liberal* media to the *liberal* courts and the *liberals* in Congress, etc.

PW2

Commander

Oh, and there is nothing specific in that drivel to even respond to. It is political hate speech, and does not warrant a reasoned response.