1974 Evinrude tilt & trim replacement

YJPETE

Recruit
I have a 1974 Chrysler conquorer 105 with a 1974 Evinrude 135hp outboard on it. I bought this boat from a friend who had taken the tilt/trim parts off when they stopped working. He claims to have most if not all the parts stuffed in a closet, but is taking his time finding them. I've been looking at new replacement systems in the iboat store but I am not sure which one will work. The motor is already to heavy for the boat, but it works ok for now. I have plans to put this engine on a big pontoon when I find (can afford) the correct engine for this boat. I would like a tilt trim system that can work on the Chrysler and eventually be transfered to a pontoon. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1974 Evinrude tilt & trim replacement

If you can get the whole tilt and trim it may be worth fixing, but you can get a CMC unit that is brand new for somewhere around the same money if you need to replace the motor and fix any of the cylinders. I have a 1975 115 that had the tilt and trim on it. It worked fine until the motor went out and I took it off the boat. I have a new motor for it, but so far have not replaced it since it does not effect the way I use the boat that much anyway. Just the t&t motor is around $300.00 and it is not that easy to find if you need it in a hurry. All in all I think the CMC unit will serve you better and you can use it on just about any motor.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1974 Evinrude tilt & trim replacement

From experience.....it is VERY difficult and $$$$ to find pre-1978 T&T parts.