Soooo Madddddd I could spit

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer
Share my frustration :mad: <br /><br />One of the posters wanted to see what a bowrider looked liked when converted to a fishing boat. Mine is like that but has been at one of my factories for safekeeping, boat cover in place and under a roof :confused: .<br /><br />I promised to fetch the boat back home to take pictures for the poster. This would serve two purposes, one I could take the pictures and secondly I have an overseas guest that I promised to take on the water this morning at 10:00 :cool: .<br /><br />At 08:00 took the boat cover off. A cat had evidently decided to make my boat it's home. The boat is full of cat cr%p ... I mean FULL :mad: :mad: . All over the lifejackets, carpets etc. There is even a dead rat that has rotted and fused into the carpet. The boat is a right mess. The d$amn cat has also taken the liberty of using my vinal seat covers as a scratching post :mad: .<br /><br />I figure perhaps I can get her cleaned quick and get on the water later. Well she won't start will she, there is a fuel blockage somewhere after the fuel filter on attached to the boat.<br /><br />Have to dissappoint my guest :mad: :eek: <br /><br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew<br /><br />PS: How am I going to get rid of the smell

cpj

Ensign
Re: Soooo Madddddd I could spit

Andrew this will cheer you up.<br /><br /><br />
freecat.jpg
<br /><br /><br /> :D :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

So sorry Andrew. Guess we will see the pictures in the "restoration" forum now.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

That draws vacuum, Andrew. The only good cat within ten feet of any boat is the bait.<br /><br />I might suggest you rent a boat for a day, if such a facility is local to you.<br />I would take the guest and the first cat you see with you....and only two human-sized PFD's (JK).

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I feel your pain.... :( ...You need to use the boat more, IMHO...I check on my baby every couple days, in the water or out........As far as the cat.....Sh!t.. :mad: ....JK

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

I can't tell you this about cats, but they do like the boats.. They like the smell of plastic. For some reason they mark it all the time. Even tarps.. You can get the smell out. You need a high powered steamer with bleach agent.. HOT water and a mask.. The seats and cushions have a thin plastic covering cover the foam inside. Then the upholstery is put on. The company's call it water proofing.. Cheap way for a company to work.. But it is made to protect the foam from water rot, and yes cat **** too. Once cat **** is in foam it ain't coming out.. so if your lucky the cat didn't go through the plastic.<br />Take all the loose seats out of boat and do them separately, any cushions out too. <br />Does your boat have the newer foam vinyle. If so that **** can be steamed out easily, the other takes a little more time.. <br />Do a bleach test in the boat for the carpet. If your carpet can handle the bleach use it and put gloves on. Cat **** and bleach is like deadly.. Use a mask.. Tip the boat up as high as it goes and power wash the rest of it out. Let dry and clean it again with a good rug and stain cleaner and power washer.. This will take the smell out..<br /> As for the damaged seats.. I have no idea what boat you have or the type of seats. I have done about 3 private boats and about 2,000 boats when I worked for Reinell in oregon.. You can say I was the topstitcher and main sewer for the whole factory... Now if you have the thick vinyle you can still buy it at any shop that sells upholstery products. As for the foam vinyle good luck.. It cost about $48 to $75 ayard and that is if you can find it.. You can send your pictures of damaged seats and upholstery to my home e-mail address at : Brookfarm100@wmconnect.com ... That way I can have a better look and tell you better on what to do. I am streight forward and will tell you if it fixable or not...<br />I like cats, but not when they do damage like this. To redo a boat cost about $1200 on the cheap side. My boat I did myself. I used scrapes from the factory I saved some years ago.. Used what I had available at the time..<br />Good Luck..

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer

Barbara, I noticed your isp is walmart conect. If I were you I'd drop em. They have all there customer service farmed out to India. You have no control over your personal info, and who knows what Privacy Rights laws India has. I would switch to SBC DSL, it's only $14.95. Thats only $5 more for much faster service, plus you don't have to deal with the crappy walmart browser.<br />Just a thought!

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Ya , I know, but did you also know that HP also use's them too. In fact alot of tect support is over there. I Just use WM connect to do minor things. Now if I were doing web pages and business yes, i would go with SBC.. But they too have there little bugs, you just don't hear about.. But is a better service.. I also stay away from .nets.. I had a local one intown when I first started and I caught them reading my e-mails. I have nothing to hide, but I was po'ed to find that they were reading my e-bay e-mails. When I question it, I started getting virus's that downed 2 computers. I have had this service for 3 yrs and not a problem so far.. I have to agree the browser sucks... I just do the basic stuff like clear cookies, history, internet files, defrag, and disk clean up.. That right there takes care of some problems...

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I used WM Connect when I first got here, as an interim account. You are NOT tied to their browser at all. You have to open it to connect, yes. Then minimize it and use IE or whatever you prefer to browse the net. Same thing with AOL.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer

Yep, thats what I did too. But most people probably wouldn't do that. No biggie. I just wanted to point out that for $5.00 more you could get DSL. I've had it for awhile and it's a lot better than walmartconect. How many times was your internet connection dropped when you had it? For me it was almost 50% of the time. That was frustrating!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Maybe 25% Still way too much. I have SBC DSL now. Dialup is soooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.<br /><br />AK Chappy