Impellar KIT HELP!!

Etnies1212

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1987 chris craft with a 260 mercursier alpha 1 i belive gen1. I am trying to replace the impellar. Is there anyway to know what kit to order before taking it apart? I asked at overtons but they said you need the serial # off the impellar. I am just tryin to order the stuff before i take it all apart so i can do it all at once. Please any help would be great

CAPTKEV85

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Impellar KIT HELP!!

You should go to a local marine store they normally stock them. give them the year and model and you should be fine

Etnies1212

Seaman Apprentice

i would do that but there is not really a marine store near me. plus the internet is always cheaper.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

don't look for a marine store, like west marine, look for a good shop, like a local marina that works on your engine. I found a good place around here that has all of the parts i need. and they can help you if you get stuck.

nothin like a good mechanic with parts.

markie0756

Cadet

Quicksilver makes the water pump kits for the alpha 1 outdrive. That includes the impellar and washers and gaskets that are also needed. You can get them anywere online shops or any retail boat store.

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

Your outdrive is an Alpha One Gen 1, they did not start making the Gen II until 92. Order it from eBay, got mine for $20 for the whole kit.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Why not buy it Right here at iboats,..??..??

Just click on the mercruiser parts links at the top of the page...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sounds more like you want to know which kit to order. Not where to order it from.
Impeller kit. Usually has gaskets, lower wear plate, impeller, and seals
then you have another kit that includes all of the above but also includes the upper housing.
Then you have the kit that has all the parts in the above kit along with the lower pump housing.

Which one you need, depends on the condition of that upper and lower housings.
Personally, I have no clue, crystal ball has a BIG crack in it right now. Next best thing would be to take it apart and inspect each part. OR,,,,,,, buy the complete kit this time, save the good parts and then you will be able to use only the parts necessary NEXT TIME.