Which quick release bracket?

Splat

Lieutenant

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Which quick release bracket?

You are missing the strongest and least expensive and easiest to use. About 39 bucks. Composite construction does not leave me with a "feeling of strength." The one shown below has been used on all of my boats and there is simply nothing to go wrong -- and it is extruded aluminum. No rust, no fuss, lockable, and it's available right here on iBoats.

http://www.iboats.com/Minn_Kota_Pow...78013690--**********.005137541--view_id.38868

Splat

Lieutenant

You are missing the strongest and least expensive and easiest to use. About 39 bucks. Composite construction does not leave me with a "feeling of strength." The one shown below has been used on all of my boats and there is simply nothing to go wrong -- and it is extruded aluminum. No rust, no fuss, lockable, and it's available right here on iBoats.

http://www.iboats.com/Minn_Kota_Pow...78013690--**********.005137541--view_id.38868

Silvertip, does that thing rattle really bad tho? I'm looking for something solid. Looks like it had a screw on the side to take out any wobble and lock into place?

At half the cost it's the new leader in my search. I hope it'll fit a Terrova, if not I have a welder.

Bill

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

I have the first one you posted now. I don't have any real time on it but it holds the motor securely and is very quiet. I believe the locking pieces are stainless too. It adds an inch to the height of the TM. I like it allot.

FWIW, I had one similar to the unit SILVERTIP recommends. Used it for 13 years and found little to no rattle but I did (after 6-7 years of occasional SW exposure) get some rusting of the slide bar/lock device. Main section was AL, lock, steel so there was dissimilar metal corrosion. Not sure if that's been resolved with newer versions.
hth