New here with 4hp Evinrude ??

Davepa

Cadet
New from southern Pa. with a 4 hp evinrude yachtwin
# 4036E - EO1161 what year is this outboard?

I have been given a accumix metal fuel tank (new) in the deal. Can I use the tank with a premix, "NOT" using the oil tank portion of the tank? Also, the motor had been fogged before storage so what is correct start up.

Thanks in advance Dave

sdcoll

Cadet
Re: New here with 4hp Evinrude ??

thats the same model as mine and as far as i know its a 1975 ...good little motor
as far as the other questions im unsure but someone will drop in to help im sure .....

Rick.

Captain

I'm not sure what kind of tank that is but as long as it's vented it should work. Rick.

Davepa

Cadet

I'm not sure what kind of tank that is but as long as it's vented it should work. Rick.
Omc fuel tank which also has a 1.5 quart oil tank built in that is to mix the oil and fuel in the line before entering the motor. I know my pump capacity is too low for this feature to be used. But, can I still use this tank with premix?

Here is a ebay listing of a similar tank if it will still show up #140308553526

And ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category0=&fvi=1&item=140308553526&viewitem=

Rick.

Captain

Can you plug the oil suction line off? My only concern is that you might start sucking air up the oil line and you'll have all kinds of problems if your sucking air. Some day I'm going to get a new tank. Sure looks impressive. Rick.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

go to walmart and buy a plastic tank, and fittings, a little teflon tape. accu mix ruined many motors.