Keel Guard Performance?

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can anyone with a Keel Guard tell me if they have lost any performance with the use of it. I want to get one to stop some minor scratches when beaching.

Thanks.

Rasputen

Cadet
Re: Keel Guard Performance?

I am on my 3rd boat all of which have been bass boats w/fiberglass hull and oversized motors ... my newest one goes 75mph before and after the keeguard was put on... and absolutely no effects on hole shot.. i have put keelgaurds on all my boats and have yet to see any performance changes after the keelgaurd has been added.... that said i have used the normal stick on keelgaurds and usually they last approx 2 to 4 years before peeling - if you put it on yourself its not too bad price wise, but i had a new "Rhino-gaurd" put on the new boat and its more prices but supposedly will last as long as i own the boat ... according to the people that sold me on it :) - but to answer your question.. NO i have not witnessed any performance drops or changes with either speed or handling

204 Escape

Ensign

Our '99 Viper Coral had a KeelGuard brand on it. When we bought our new '06 LARSON f/s, we had a new white KeelGuard put on it. The dealer sold it to me at cost, and no labor, as a deal for sale of the boat.

Also got a hour meter put in at cost, and no labor, AND I had a yellow colored one put on the front of the trailer, instead of the black one that they sent out from the factory.

The KeelGuard's come in various lengths as well. ;)

mphy98

Lieutenant

I had bought the keel guard with every intention of putting it on, however our body shop has a rubberized bed liner product I am going to have sprayed on instead. It has never shipped cracked or scuffed off a truck so I figure why not. A 5 inch wide will cost me next to nothing for materials, and a six pack or two for labor. :D