Lowering the Wakeboard tower during travel

jacknbella

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can someone help me figure-out how to lower my wakeboard tower without completely removing it from my boat? That freakin thing is 10' high on trailer and it's a pain in the rear to remove the lower legs everytime I need to put it in the garage. Is it possible to travel safely in the "down" position? The owners manual barely covers the tower assembly and disassembly. See pics.

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1

hebby

Cadet
Re: Lowering the Wakeboard tower during travel

do not tow it with the tower down. It will bounce and could damage your boat and tower. I the pics are taken too far away for me to see the design and how to take it down.

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

Yup, need pictures of the frotn and rear attachemnts. Where the top rails meet the bottom hoop.

J. Mark

Petty Officer 1st Class

looks like you remove the black knob at the rear where it attaches to the hoop on each side and fold it forward from what little I can see.

Last edited:

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

Though to address your question about travelign with it down. My owners manual says to never trailer the boat witht he towe down.

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer

I think you would be fine if you just folded it forward and put a piece of foam or something soft in between the boat and tower were they touch and then just strap the tower down. I fold mine up this way all the time.

jacknbella

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks! I'll try to snap more pics this weekend and post them for further review. However, I tinkered with it over the weekend again and the dumb thing is not designed for travel in the down position. I may completely remove the darn thing altogether during travel because I'm afraid I might hit something with it in the "up" position. I'd like to have a few words with the engineer responsible for designing the tower though...:mad:

truckermatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

jacknbella.... good luck with the tower...... by the way, that is a very nice boat you have there

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

I hate to restate this, but as I said above it is not suposed to be towed in the down position. I think that the tower joints will no distribute the loading of shock properly when layed down.

Also consider you have a Bow Rider with a Tower added. The boat was designed to accept a tower, not designed to have a tower. The tower you have was designed, then tweaked to fit your boat. So, you are not going to have as great of functionality out of yours as a boat that was originally designed to be a wakeboard boat that they knew they were going to have to put a tower on and had a company build a tower specifically for that modle boat.