What is best prop 03 maxum prop. 5.0l alpha one gen 2 1:62

jayguild

Recruit
What is the appropriate prop for a 2003 Maxum 2400scr with alpha one generation 2 with 1:62 ratio please and thanks u Want speed and out of hole. its around 5500lbs plus normally 4 adults

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: What is best prop 03 maxum prop. 5.0l alpha one gen 2 1:62

Tough answer to give as the only way to verify is trial and error with lot's of different props. Typically a 4 blade stainless like the Bravo 1 Merc prop will give the best compromise between hole shot and speed. This combo is what almost all pleasure boaters want and the fact is that there is still no standard answer.

What do you have now? Specs? What is your WOT RPM loaded as you note and trimmed for maximum speed? Only way to start this discussion is with data ;)

Take a look at the "Read This First" sticky at the top of this section ^^^^^

BTW, welcome aboard!!

hwsiii

Commander

Jay, I show that boat with a 260 HP engine at 25' long and I guessed the
WOT RPM at about 4,600 RPM. I got a total all up weight of right at 7,100 pounds, that includes a 100 gallons of gas , 2 batteries, 700 pounds for people ice and other items. With these assumptions I find that your boat ought to do about 40 MPH with a stock aluminum propeller, if you use the right stainless prop you should be able to add another 3 to 5 MPH. The prop pitch should be 17" Pitch and this assumes this boat doesn't have more than about 11 degrees of vee in the hull. Hope this helps.

H

QC

Supreme Mariner

That boat has a 16 degree bottom and it could be carbed, and only a 220 . . . ;)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

What is the appropriate prop for a 2003 Maxum 2400scr with alpha one generation 2 with 1:62 ratio please and thanks u Want speed and out of hole. its around 5500lbs plus normally 4 adults

Jay a good prop is expensive, could you post you Wide Open Throttle results...AKA rpm and speed gps if you have one along with the current pitch and type of prop you have..alum ss 3 blade or 4 blade.

walleyehed

Admiral

Current model of prop, pitch and rpm with a normal load...Bet we can come up with a fairly good choice.

Hey there, TG!

jayguild

Recruit

Thanks taking test drive tomorrow. Just replaced gimbal bearing...yuck.. thanks for all that have answered. I will post my findings.....

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Current model of prop, pitch and rpm with a normal load...Bet we can come up with a fairly good choice.

Hey there, TG!

As my son would say WazUp Ken..You know the prop forum no longer has a anchor.... err bench mark...ok what ever....;)

jayguild

Recruit

Not sure what the last remark meant..... but whatever. I have owned the boat two years prior to my question. I was sold a 16 4 blade prop and it did not perform ....was questioning what would be the best prop all around. im going 35 -36 mph mot at 4400rpm with a three blade 17 I assume that is the best performance for a 5.0l mpi alpha 1 gen 11 . thank you for all the other responses.. Sorry if the question was an anchor. That is what i figured forums were for\

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Not sure what the last remark meant..... but whatever. I have owned the boat two years prior to my question. I was sold a 16 4 blade prop and it did not perform ....was questioning what would be the best prop all around. im going 35 -36 mph mot at 4400rpm with a three blade 17 I assume that is the best performance for a 5.0l mpi alpha 1 gen 11 . thank you for all the other responses.. Sorry if the question was an anchor. That is what i figured forums were for\

opps i was just teasing a guy who is a true prop pro, He's just not been avaible for awhile..:D I learn quite a bit from him soo i was gaming him a bit..:D hold on for a minute or 5...Is that a 4 barreled motor or efi