Lake Wylie iboaters

mlaymance

Cadet
We were just wondering if there were any iboaters that hang out on Lake Wylie.

We have a 22' Cuddy cabin that we take to the lake there several times a year, and are looking for others that like to cruise the lake, Hang out @ T-bones, and maybe do some fishing.

We like to sleep on the boat and can often be found back up in one of the coves on the SC side.

If there are any iboaters that are on the lake, send us a PM. Perhaps we can get together on a weekend soon.

Thanks,
Michael & Sharon

JCMINIS

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Lake Wylie iboaters

We have some friends who live on the lake,so my wife and I drive down from 3-4 times a season,I will hit ya up the next time were down. We usually anchor at the sand bar for awhile,hit t-bones for dinner,then cruise around till dark or later. Havent fished the lake yet but this year I plan to.....

JC

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I'm about 30 minutes from Wylie.
Never cared much for going there though.Too many Cops and Game Wardens that love to mess with people.
Not to mention the over sized go fast boat idiots showing off how fast they can go..
I go down there to work on boats but never launch mine there anymore..
Lake Norman is even worse.

mlaymance

Cadet

Gary,

Never had any problems with any of the law enforcement.The only problems we ever had with other boaters was at the ramp (hwy 49), but I do agree with ya regarding the Go-fast boats. But at least it's not as bad as Lake Norman, and the closest lake of any size.

Quite a few Inconsiderate *$%tards there.

We go to the river (Broad River) quite a bit. It's 5 miles from the house. 11 miles of navigable river, an island for camping, couple of sand bars, and noone messes with ya. We do however like a change every now and again.

Now when we go to wylie, we stay clear of Buster Boyd Bridge launch, and we fare pretty well.

Where do you boat at? You are not far from me.

Michael & Sharon

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I go over to Tillery,
Its an hour drive but is well worth it.
We own some land in a gated community with private boat ramps,docks,swimming pool and picnic area with grills.
Very laid back.
Its about a 6000 acre lake with 3 rivers feeding into it.
The lake is 16 miles long with 144 miles of shoreline.

I guess i got spoiled over there,not many large boats on that lake at all.
Have not seen any Law Enforcement on the water in years except for holiday weekends.

Good fishing too...;)

NCCamper

Cadet

Hi,

We were out on Lake Wylie this past Saturday. Launched from Copperhead Island around 1PM, and stayed out til around 5:30. It was a nice afternoon for boating. Got a little choppy around the bridge, but not bad. Stopped at T-Bones for a little while. Looking for places to wakeboard. Looks like Big Allison - if that's what it's called - might be the place. Only our 4th time on the water this spring, the other 3 were on LKN. Seems like the boaters I saw on Wylie were a little friendlier, but I could be wrong.

I bet we could arrange a to get together sometime.

PM me next time you are out!

NCC

mlaymance

Cadet

NCC,

Big allison is typically where we like to hang out. Although we are not wake boarders, we usually find a spot and spectate....LOL. We usually anchor out somewhere up in the creek and sleep on the boat.

Will definately send a PM next time we head that way for sure.

M & S