ID old ESKA?

SQUEAKY

Recruit
I have a small, old ESKA Pathfinder that looks to be about 3 HP. The model number appears to be 400. Serial number is 1351. Model number and serial number are on a gummed label on top of the transom mount. The power head tag shows 628-01 (type number?) and 3473563. Can anyone give me info on this--HP, date of manufacture, etc.

Got it running after points adjustment. Any idea of value?

Thanks.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: ID old ESKA?

I couldn't find that engine number in the Pathfinder series. Are you sure it isn't 626 something? In any case, 400 means it's a 4 hp. Probably 1961 or 1962. In any case, it's from the early 1960s, based on the engine number.

Value is minimal. In excellent running and cosmetic condition, it might bring $100 or so in a sale. In non-running or ugly condition, a lot less.

SQUEAKY

Recruit

It is 628-01 stamped on the metal tag.
Thanks for the quick reply & info!

SQUEAKY

Recruit

Just a follow-up on the 628-01 power head.
I emailed William Brix, brixent@earthlink.net, about this outboard. He replied that this outboard was built for the European market primarily, but many were distributed in the U.S. Since the motor was built in the first years of production, anything is possible. As with you, his best guess is early 1961 to 1963, 4 hp. Thanks again for your help.