Water Pressure Gauge W/ Alarm

Uplifter2008

Recruit
Respectfully, I am looking for a Water Pressure Gauge with a Low pressure alarm. I cannot locate one anywhere w/alarm. After all the years I have been boating and after all of the Motors I have overheated. It seems to me that every boat should Have a water pressure gauge w/ an alarm, 1 so you don't have to stare at it every few seconds and 2. so you know long before you even start to overheat so you can shut down your engine/s and clear out the impellor intake etc. before you may blow a headgasket or worse.

I am actually looking for the aforementioned gauge for my 40ft. Aluminum Barge.
I am in the Boatlift Business and we install Boatlifts in the Spring and then remove them in the Fall. I get into plenty of muck as well as milfoil and thick weeds and the 2 E-tec 225's I am running get overly warm many times a year no matter how careful I am. The cost of repairs is significant each year & I am just trying to minimize the expense as much as I can.

I would much appreciate any and all feedback,
Thank you, "Uplifter"

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water Pressure Gauge W/ Alarm

The outboard water pressure gauges work off air or water pressure and are not electic; you could tee in a pressure switch and add a horn or connect it to your warning system.

You may find that the temperature gauge is a better choice.

Uplifter2008

Recruit
Re: Water Pressure Gauge W/ Alarm

I appreciate the advice. I already have Temp Gauges they are not enough. I need to know within seconds that I have lost water pressure.

Thank You