Ahoy! New Glastron Owner with a few questons

aerinah

Cadet
First may I say hello and what a wonderful site you have here; so much information!! I just hope that I can find everything we need to bring our boat back to life.

Engine and hull are ok we're looking for other stuff; windshield, and cosmetic stuff. Hopefully I can add a few pics of our boat that we have before we do any work to it. Other than the obvious elbow grease needed and new carpet that it needs our pics are below :)

Our boat:

1968 Glastron Swinger V-177
17'4"
2 tone color sand/bronze?
MerCruiser 120 I/O

We need a new windshield!!! Anyone know where I can go get one that is in good shape or brand new? Snow storm collapsed cover and punched hole in passenger side :( having a hard time locating somene that can do this...

Also; where can I go to get information on this boat, please somewhere other than the classicglastron.com I'm less than impressed there... and I can't get into the forums to even post <shrug>

Not knowing mucn about these boats; anyone out there own one that can give us their opinion?? This is our first Glastron and first ever tri-hull design. Would love to hear opinions :)

Thanks in advance and happy boating!

Attachments

• 100_0784.jpg
    100_0784.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0785.jpg
    100_0785.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0786.jpg
    100_0786.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0787.jpg
    100_0787.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0792.jpg
    100_0792.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: Ahoy! New Glastron Owner with a few questons

Hi there aerinah, and welcome !!!!

She looks in great shape , are you sure ?? any soft spots in the deck ?? if so thats not a good sign, they didnt put them together to well from the factory !!

I am doing a 76 sportster tri-hull , I love it this is my second tri-hull, In smooth water you cant beat them , but in ruff water she can beat you to death !!!They are really stable !!!I have 3 kids and there always moving around and they dont teater totter like a v-hull will , but like i said in ruff water the wing catch the wave and slam you down !! But I dont want to be out there in too ruff of water !!!

Ok again welcome !! John

aerinah

Cadet

define soft spots?? where I could push something through it?? No it's solid; I couldn't even pull a stripped (the head) screw out of it; however there is ONE spot that is slightly more raised than anywhere else, looks to me like they may have joined something together and added a few more layers of something?? Is there a better place to post questions like this? Perhaps the rebuild/restore area?? I don't want to post in the wrong spot being new :D

I'm looking forward to having her out on the water! We lost our fishing spot of fishing spots when people we knew decided to sell their property. We had private bank access to the multnoma channel, killer spot. 32 Sturgeon in 1 day (only kept our 2 of course), between legals and shakers it was an awesome day there! I'm itching to go back :)

I'll keep as many pics posted as I can while we're doing work on it. Thanks again for having such an awesome site here!

jcsercsa

Captain

Yep you need to start a thead in the restro forum !!!

Dont worrie its really not all that hard just takes some time !!!

Ok I will be looking for you over there !! Also did you check out the completed projects forum !!! thats some good reading over there !!!John