1975 johnson wont fire?start

hardwatergrampa

Seaman Apprentice
i picked up40 hp johson this week been sitting for 3 years cleaned carb changed the fuel lines re gaped the points even have changed the coails and key way been working on this for 20 hrs or so if i pull the plugs and ground them i get no spark i did mange to get the motor to run for about 5 min today it stalled (gas tank went dry) couldnt get it to start again no spark at the plugs can anyone help oh the motor is a 1975 it acts like it gets spark then no spark

trucker28

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1975 johnson wont fire?start

i picked up40 hp johson this week been sitting for 3 years cleaned carb changed the fuel lines re gaped the points even have changed the coails and key way been working on this for 20 hrs or so if i pull the plugs and ground them i get no spark i did mange to get the motor to run for about 5 min today it stalled (gas tank went dry) couldnt get it to start again no spark at the plugs can anyone help oh the motor is a 1975 it acts like it gets spark then no spark

Hi I cant help you with your question but is the same hardwatergrampa from iceshaty and myfishfider here in maine if so hi hor are you this is trucker look like you just found another good site to I just signed up a week ago to help me with my motor and the guys on here know there stuff good luck to you and the motor

hardwatergrampa

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1975 johnson wont fire?start

thanks yes i know it had spark when it started thats my trouble is it looses its spark

hi tucker ya its a good site been on for several years but couldnt remember what i used for a name so went with this one