dumb question?

maxxman04

Petty Officer 1st Class
can i use the OSCO, omc exhaust manifolds on 350 with any outdrive setup? i have a complete 350, older (79 i think) omc setup, but may be using merc outdrive, or volvo outdrive.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: dumb question?

i have a complete 350, older (79 i think) omc setup, but may be using merc outdrive, or volvo outdrive.

Ayuh,... That's All kinda Important Info if you want a real Answer....
None of the various different outdrives use the same parts....

maxxman04

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok, not sure what info. i have the motor, with osco manifolds. it's omc motor, omc outdrive (not cobra series tho), "y" pipe. i'm using this setup in an '89 bayliner capri, but do not have an outdrive yet. (other boat has transom assy, no outdrive). wondering if i can use whichever "y" pipe from outdrive i do get with the omc manifolds and riser, or does it need to be specific for the outdrive i get. sorry, a bit new to boats.

Bondo

Staff member

or does it need to be specific for the outdrive i get.

Ayuh,...

The Manifolds,+ Risers Must match the y-pipe of the Transom Assembley....
And,...
The Outdrive also Has to match the Transom Assembley you use....

Basically,...
A Merc will not even enter this Mix, while a couple years worth of Volvos will interchange with a couple years of OMCs...
Both the exhaust,+ the Outdrive have to Match the transom assembley you're using.....

maxxman04

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok, i think that answers it. so if motor has omc exhaust manifolds, i cannot use merc "y" pipe, as example. thank you.