Tempeature for 05 seadoo gtx sc?

fishinfill1

Cadet
Hi there,
I just purchased a seadoo about 5 weeks ago, This is my second time with it on the water and it seems to run great. The only problem with it is the temperature sensor. I was running it on the water today (relatively easy) when the overheating signal came on and it displayed H-TEMP., With the long beep etc. So i then looked to see how hot it was and it said 57 degrees. I then sat in the water with the seat off for about 20 minutes. After that i started it up and headed back to the dock and there was no overheating, so i looked to see the engine temp. and it said 63? so it increased by 6 degrees and the warning was still off? :confused:Does anyone know what the correct temperature should be between, Or have any knowledge/experience with this?

Thanks,
Michael

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Tempeature for 05 seadoo gtx sc?

you could have had a blockage in the small hoses that feed the exhaust system cooling,, there is a sensor on the first muffler for that,, it may have caused the warning since the engine is cooled by a closed loop system, I doubt it overheated.

fishinfill1

Cadet

Do you know what the safe operating temperature is between?

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

no but I can assure you when the engine has been running for a short time you can't put your hand on the metal parts of the engine it probably runs around 160 to 180 degrees,, the exhaust runs hotter than that, I know at the bellows it's over 500 degrees inside the exhaust pipe .