1999 optimax DFI check engine warning

Rasputen

Cadet
Hello,

I have a 99' 225hp optimax DFI on the back of an 06' nitro 929CDX 21 foot bass boat and i have water tested it a few times this year since i got it and on a few random occassions (seems like when there is a load on it during blastoff) the check engine light will start flashing and the alarm will start beeping and it doesnt stop until i turn off the motor. when i start it back up and take off it does just fine ... no performance issues otherwise and even when the alarm sounds it does not kill the motor or limit the rpms or anything like that it seems to be running fine during the whole process. i have seen other threads but none seem to have these exact symptoms. the big oil well is full havent checked the oil well under the cowl yet as i just learned that today on another thread, but i would assume that the low oil light would be flashing if this was the issue.. i have the 4 way warning light on the dash (oil - oil/water - temp - check eng) it is running at about 3500 to 4000 rpms during hole shot when it seems to be occurring and hits about 5500rpms at WOT so its not over rev'n and im getting a readout on the PSI guage which im understanding to be water pressure and i think its around 10psi at idle and 15 or so at WOT i will have to verify - i trim it all the way down before taking off and do not start trimming up until she is out of the hole. not sure what other info could help. any assistance is welcome