'93 Bass Tracker, Throttle Trim Switch

ReallRick

Cadet
I have a 1993, Bass Tracker Pro 17, with a 40hp Evinrude, & the tilt/trim switch in the throttle went bad. I have power coming to the switch, but it won't tilt up or down when pushed. Does anyone know where I can find a switch on-line? I'd like to replace the one in the throttle, & don't really want to put a toggle on the dash. THANKS!!

sportsmanphil

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '93 Bass Tracker, Throttle Trim Switch

Its odd that both sides of the switch's output went bad at once.

Does the switch physicaly feel right? Do you have other trim switches on the boat and do they work?

More than likely if the switch is bad you are going to have to pull it out of the throttle and either fix the switch or go match it with a replacement.

ReallRick

Cadet

The switch feels fine, & I agree that is is odd both positions don't work. I took the switch out already, & when I did, I cut the wires & "jumped" them & the trim works fine (the trim switch in the front & back also work fine). I even tried a contunity test on the switch & it failed........

sportsmanphil

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well............guess its bad then :D

I'd either try a good electronics shop for a replacement or take that switch apart and fix it.

Ive had to rebuild a few switches on my boats of the past and its not that big a deal. Usually a pole gets out of place or just needs a good contact cleaning. I'd file the arc marks off and clean it up and that usually fixed them.

Good luck.

MichaelZwier99

Recruit

I have a similar issue with a '92 Tracker (Evinrude 60hp). The trim goes down but not up (its really intermitent). I've also check the wiring and everything else looks to be working i.e. switch in the back etc... I've tried an Evinrude dealer as well as a tracker dealer without any success. I have one more place to check, if I get the correct answer I'll let you know.

bryang726

Recruit

i have a 91 tx 17 with a 40 evenrude, niether the switches in the front or on the joy stick are working, any idea where i should start trouble shooting?