Engine boggin down - 75HP 63 Evinrude Starlight VI

Calhere

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So this morning I decided to get the boat ready for my camping trip weekend after next. When I took out the drain plug nothing but water and grey sludge came out. I bought the boat last spring and the guy told me that he did all the "tune up" stuff", Guess its my fault for not checking.However i have been having problems with it not performing to the best of its ability (I can go full throttle and it seems like it is barely moving and sounds like its pulling the empire state building.) Could that have been my problem or should I still look into the not running well problem some more?

**changed tittle do to the topic of the post changing**

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Lower Unit Oil - 75HP 63 Evinrude Starlight VI

Keep looking, unless the gearset was on the verge of seizing in which case new fluid isn't going to help.

Calhere

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok so I am still looking but could the bogging down be caused my a bad impeller? I am trying to pull the casing but I got 2 stripped out Phillips head screws and the 2 rusted out hex key ones, the 3 that just won't budge.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

put some heat to them, they may free up.

Calhere

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Engine boggin down - 75HP 63 Evinrude Starlight VI

so I heated them up and still they wont budge, I used a torque ratchet with a hex bit screw driver holder and all it did was strip them out, so I pulled out the trusty old screw extractor my wife bought me for Christmas and nothing.... Any ideas? I have soaked them with WD-40 over night last night.

Calhere

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Engine boggin down - 75HP 63 Evinrude Starlight VI

OK finally got them out broke them but they are out, impeller looks good, so I decided to turn her on and rev her up and give a looks to the inside and see that everything is moving properly, That's when I noticed there is a TON of water in the exhaust is that normal?