2001 Bayliner Capri 235 Questions

JeepXJer

Cadet
Hey everyone, im new here. I have boated before, but am new to boat buying. I had some questions about a particular boat.

I am looking at buying a 2001 Bayliner Capri 235 that is for sale in Indiana. I have spoken with the dealer, and he tells me that it is 23' long, has no hour meter on it (is that unusual?) has good compression (i asked for him to get the numbers for me to verify), has the Alpha I drive, and is a 2 Barrel. 5.0L V-8 with 220HP.

My family is looking for something that has a cabin, can hold 6+ people on the deck. And can pull a skier every now and then.

Would this be the boat for us?
What other questions should i ask the dealer before i make the 4 hour drive to look at this boat?
Any comments on ths model or things i should be aware of?

The dealer is asking a little under 15,500. Is that a fair price in your opinion?

Thank you,

-Brendan

JeepXJer

Cadet
Re: 2001 Bayliner Capri 235 Questions

That last link was pretty interesting. I'm assuming that with the 7.4L it will be able to pull a skier out of the water pretty easily.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oh yea. With a Bravo 3, it will get out of the hole. Then I would add captain's call exhaust!

JeepXJer

Cadet

not too sure on the captain's call exhaust lol...probably wouldnt make too many friends on the marina that way lol.

what other things should i ask this seller?

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

captains call exhaust i believe, is a silent choice setup. muffled under water when you want it to, thru hull when you want it loud. wish i had it, so everyone knew that my little bayliner wasnt as bad as it looked lol.

JeepXJer

Cadet

well the auction ended on that doral, but i may email him and tell him that were interested in it, but we would want to take a look at it first beforehand.

maybe he would take under $16,600 for it then since it didnt sell

JeepXJer

Cadet

found anymore good ebay auctions? i really liked that Doral, but i havent heard back from the seller yet

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

not too sure on the captain's call exhaust lol...probably wouldnt make too many friends on the marina that way lol.

On the weekends I keep mine switched off in the marina. The second I enter the river I switch it on! Initially my wife asked me if the CC exhaust increased speed. I said nope. But the first time she heard it on our boat she said "OH Yeah!!!".:eek:

I think crownline is a nice boat. The cockpit seating is different from say the Doral. I like two buckets and a u shaped rear bench. How many hours on Crownline, what condition is the boat and trailer? How does the gel coat look? Does it look faded from sitting outside all year etc.. Whats the price?

JeepXJer

Cadet

i definetly like the seating in the Doral better. i think the crownline has more cabin space in it.

it has 450 hours on it (about a 45 hour avg. per year)

i will be able to answer those questions after tonight.