Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: And we wonder why boaters are stereotyped

Not real bright.

JerrfyLube

Seaman

Wow...that was quite possibly the lamest video on youtube....:eek:

Figures though...at least he used Coors Light and not REAL beer so no big loss... :p

idrownworms

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just wonder how long before he rips the bottom out on a sandbar or rock

Nandy

Commander

Too bad the shot never showed his registration number...

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

I find enough difficulty in keeping my boat clean from normal use and this "maroon" intentionally dribbles beer all over and thinks it's cool.SHEESH!!!!!!!

hazwild

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Now thats just stupid

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class

That seems kinda stupid, if your worried about spilling your beer while driving your boat drink oout of a crazy straw, now he has spilt beer he has to clean out of daddys jet boat. Most importantly he spilt beer no matter what kind it is, so uncool, think of how the beer must feel.

You know how they have those breath locks for your vehicles ignition if your caught dui, wonder if they ever installed them on someone boat???

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I guess I'm supposed to be impressed ..... but I'm not.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I must have missed the 'drinking' part of that video. Looked more like a 'wearing' tutorial. Sadly not the worst video I've seen on youtube. At least there was a boat in it.

Nandy

Commander

That seems kinda stupid, if your worried about spilling your beer while driving your boat drink oout of a crazy straw

Stupid, retarded and illegal in most if not all states... BUI..

vintage boat junky

Seaman Apprentice

Hmm... I would say the best way to drink a beer on that jet boat is hold the (edited, dirty mouth) can to your lips to create a seal!

This was obviously staged, and its idiots like that who ruin other people's good time on the water.

And what exactly is the stereotype for boaters?

CATransplant

Admiral

Please don't use obscene language on iboats. Putting in asterisks doesn't cut it. We have lots of kids and others here. Thanks very much.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Low IQ, Fast boat, and alcohol makes me glad I'm not on his lake.

That boat did sound pretty wicked though.

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

400hp from a 454 is not something to be impressed by...nor is it anything to brag about......well maybe if he built it himself....dont see that being true though.

my lil bass boat will run 48mph with a 115hp ..with only me and a full tank of gas..so 60mph with a "speed boat" is not that fast......

as far as beer drinking ----- i have to agree he may have gotten a sip or 2............defiantly didnt drink it all..nor even close.

and i think the stereotype in question has something to do with my statement about fishing.............see below

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What would have been cool if the water cops were around while he was drinking that beer,than we could have a version of Cops (on the water) :eek:

cadunkle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm not real anal about mixing beer and boating as some folks are, but I most certainly won't drive WHILE drinking, and if I'm fishing or anchored at the party cove I assume responsibility for myself, my boat and those on my boat, so I limit myself to one or two at most so long as we're not going to be under way for a good while. I let my guests enjoy their brew and I'll partake after I get the boat back on the trailer and in the driveway. I wouldn't want to make a stupid mistake and either get someone hurt or trash my boat because I didn't have my wits about me.

No big loss on the american wee lager/water he was "drinking" but I couldn't imagine spilling sticky beer all over the interior of a nice boat, or any boat for that matter. I just don't get folks who carelessly wreck nice things. Beyond that, people who make fools of themselves on camera and post it online.

LoweRider

Seaman Apprentice

Personally, I run a dry boat, if you want to drink go home or to a bar. If you want to fish, wel-come aboard!