help with painting boat

fordmugg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i have a 74 kona fiberglass boat ......its all faded and i want to paint it ......i really just want to sand it and paint it white so i can get another year or so out of it ...then ill buy a new one......so what paint would be the best to use just to give it a sand and paint ......imj thinking interlux toplac....to do top and bottom?....any tips will help

bucsfinsfan13

Seaman Apprentice
Re: help with painting boat

if you are just going to use it for another season and get rid of it what does it matter unless you are trying to up the resale value of it. If that is the case then prep work is key when painting. any one stage paint would be good just to give it a luster enough to lure someone into buying it. But if you want to go all out which i dont think you do then you would might want to buy something metalic, that will set things off or two stage metal flake and clear.

fordmugg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks for the input .....i just want to pep it up a bit by painting it because its looking a little weathered.....

1957evinrude

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hey bucs fan wow sounds like your a pretty good painter do you have any pictures of the work you have done??