1964 edinboro custom

cpj2009

Cadet
hey guys this is my 64 edinboro custom i think not sure on year.i have been working on it for 2 years lots of research.boat needs lots of work transom was fixed badly then someone tried to patch with 4 plywood blocks was very poor workman ship she was seating in a slip in salt water with bottom paint.i wanted to use seacast on transom but the iner glass skin was trash so i cut those blocks out and trans skin removed all rotten wood.i noticed that the iner fiberglass skin was not seal off to floor grain or bottom of boat.it is still wet under there needs to dry before i can replace transom wood. alright then i have a ton of work to do on this so i beter go.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 2

pduquette

Ensign
Re: 1964 edinboro custom

Hi cpj2009 ! Welcome aboard !! We will be happy to help here . iboats is a great site for info , and this is probably the most active place for us MFG'ers.
I see you are in RI . nice to see more local mfg 's coming back to life . Do you plan to go into naragansett bay ? Fish much? I'm looking to try launching into the Taunton river then into N.B. Normaly fish in Buzzards bay.
Ok, took enough of your time ,peter

cpj2009

Cadet

hi pete, thanks this is wayne and yes can't wait to put boat bay in the bay.i do love to fish for flats,stripers,blues there all good. there is alot of great mfgers i have read lots of all projects learnd tons of stuff already and haven't glassed one peace in yet.i have a question for ya how thick is the transom a 64 endinboro i ripped out 4 layers of 1/4 ply. ok take care:cool:

pduquette

Ensign

Hi again cpj2009 ! sorry about the delayed responce . Most all the MFG's had 1 1/2" thick transom ,yours may vary if fixed badly .
For the best primer on f/g work read OOPS -hull extension thread in projects section . Some of the top f/g people arround to learn from .
Most people use two 3/4 " plywood sheets bonded together ,then covered with 3 layers of f/g . peter