not another wont start post....

RUD2

Cadet
how many times have u guys hear this..wont start!!...yea hear we go 88 johnson 120 new coils wires rebuilt all carbs good spark compression and fuel . now tashasdaddy was helping somone else out with almost the same problem said it might have been sparkplugs out of wack keep them from fireing looking wet and also made the carb flood BUT i was just out on it the yesterday ran like a champ checked the floats as well..could that be possible in one night to go bad? checking the sparkplug gap?

jonesg

Admiral
Re: not another wont start post....

Do it by the numbers, good compression ok.
How are you testing the spark?
It needs to jump a gap almost 1/2 inch, not a sparkplug gap.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Not another poster who won't use the Engine FAQs??

Let us know what you find when you do "Outboard won't start".

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

what is your compression on all 4? do you have good spark? is battery 100% charged? what exactly is yours doing. we don't care about other engine at this point.

RUD2

Cadet

i was relating to another problem that u dealt with so u kinda kno what im saying but thats alright let me start from the top.i dont have a comp tester but lets assume its good i put new coils wire plugs rebuilt carb and checked all my spark its great but the carb is flooding out took all four off adjusted floats blew threw them all that put them on still floods i kno u have to level the float with carb also adjusted sparkplug gap.had new gaskets put on so im not worryed about compression. if i put a little gas in the piston it will sputter and try but doesnt really start. i dont get it im hoping its simple..help me out, battery is 100% all connections were good not loose or corroded

Last edited:

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

If you have had your flywheel off, you might want to recheck the torque and the key.

If someone talked you into pulling spark plug wires while the engine is running, you may need a powerpack.