Hello, new to the forum and have a new used boat

gandude

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and chiming in because DW and I bought a new-to-us Bayliner 195. Its a 2006. If you have time to answer a few questions it would be much appriciated.

Are there any known issues we should be aware of on this boat? It has a 3.0L 4cyl Mercruiser. Also we need to get an anchor. I found a #10 slip ring penetrating anchor at Walmart. Will this work? ...and last what is a good fish finder to get? The boat had one installed but was removed at some previous point.

Thank you for your time!

Glen

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hello, new to the forum and have a new used boat

... hiya Glen, welcome to iboats.

i run a #7 which is good up to about 19' of boat, i've have had no issues. that #10 should do you fine.

as to the boat, i have not heard of any issues other than lack of maintenance by owners. so if you are in a very cold place lets hope it was maintained well. that size engine should get you good mileage and do ok for power from what i have read. we tested the larger v6 models so cant say from experience on yours.

the best fish finder i found is ask the guy catching all the fish where and how he did it? :) do a few searches in the electronics forum on fish finder and have at it deciding.

either way it sure is a nice looking boat, post pics if possible.

cheers

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

I have a Hummingbird fishfinder, i dont fish but mine shows me fish all the time and has a pretty big screen to watch. i use it for a depth finder, and it has an alarm on it for really shallow areas, you just set it to the depth you want. they seem pretty cheap on ebay too from what i remember. mine came with the boat also.

gandude

Seaman Apprentice

Well, DW and I are thrilled with our boat!

Thank you for the replies. - We got the anchor and it works great. We bought a Garmin 440s for the fish-finder...still learning how to use it, seems to work good for depth, We have had it out two times since the first post and all we can say is how much fun! I have attached a few pics. We bought the boat on ebay, it needed a stereo, speakers, cleaning, fluid changes, marine radio, fish-finder and some re-wiring. I worked two weeks on it before taking it out. No problems! handles the rough water great!
Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Last edited: