84 evinrude150 mystery hose

will.c.

Cadet
I have a 84 evinrude 150 that has a small nipple below the starter behind the vro that looks like it's on the block..Well mine has a hose on it w/a zip tie but the hose is cut on the end and pops & shoots out a spark when running??? can anybody help w/this , maybe tell me where it goes if it goes anywhere or if it's suppoosed to be capped off...any help is very much appreciated, thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 84 evinrude150 mystery hose

picture of the area would definately help.

will.c.

Cadet

sorry was trying to get them resized...directly above the vro thereis this light colored hose w/a zip tie on it, looks like it's been like that for a while but now it has a hole in the end of it...help please

Attachments

• hose3.jpg
    hose3.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
  • hose2.jpg
    hose2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0

daselbee

Commander

Gee...I can't see what you are talking about...
I see a large battery cable, light tan because of the lighting...
but I see no hose with a zip tie on it...
Am I missing it....is it there?

will.c.

Cadet

almost center of pic, to the left of the cable end

will.c.

Cadet

i'll try & post a better close up.........

Attachments

• hose1.jpg
    hose1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0

will.c.

Cadet

I read somewhere on a diff engine that this was a retrun line from the intake where unburned fuel returns to the engine, could hat be the case w/this engine also? I beleive the serial # is e150ancrs 84' model

will.c.

Cadet

well i checked the fitting on the lower part of the cover on the front of the carbs & it wasnt that hose as that hose is 1/8, this nipple is 3/8 size about 1" long . it is above the fitting where the hose coming out of the vro goes into the motor, about 2" above it. is it supposed to connect to the vro hose also, maybe w/a tee or something, or is it supposed to be bocked off the way it was??/ i'm lost here!!!!just looked at a diagram of the engine and the hose that comes outta the bottom of the vro connects to the engine below this fitting & is called the flame arrestor kit

Last edited:

will.c.

Cadet

I found out what it was, if you have a fuel pump instead of a vro this connects to the bottom connector of the top pump, if not it's just capped off...