Anybody near Lake Norman, NC?

rentalguy1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am taking my wife and son to a concert in Charlotte this July. I am considering making it a mini vacation and exploring Lake Norman for a day before we come back home. The problem is, I do not trust leaving my boat on a motel property while I take them to the venue and such. I am looking for someone that may be willing to let me park the boat at their house overnight (Sunday night) for safe keeping. If anyone is out there, please post up. A alternative might be if someone knows of a marina on Lake Norman where you can overnight a boat for a reasonable price. If anyone knows of something like this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah...tips on boating in that lake would be good, too. We would be going out on the lake on a Monday to avoid weekend traffic, but I haven't even looked into the lake yet. I have no idea of any hazards or hot spots. All I know of Lake Norman is what I've seen from I-77 several times.;)

Nandy

Commander
Re: Anybody near Lake Norman, NC?

My boat lives in Dallas, NC. It is not in the lake, it will be about an hour drive. If you cant find what your looking for I would have no problem you leaving the boat next to mine. Im 12 min from I85 exit 20 in gastonia. I have been in Lake norman 4 times, 2 of them in my old trihull. Not fun with all the large boats in the lake. I believe is the largest lake in NC. Good thing about the lake is that it is largelly developed. There are plenty of marinas, eating places and bars that you can stop, dock and get out to have a nice time. Also quite a few small "islands" and sandbars to stop and enjoy the water... Sorry I cant be of much help. Love to assist my boaters brothers/sisters.
Are you going to Tobby Keith/Trace Adkin concert? Im planing on it too... Got Taylor Swift today to take my daughter...

rentalguy1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the offer. Actually my wife and son are huge Kid Rock fans, so they are going to see Kid Rock/Lynard Skynard on the July 26th. I will take drop them off and pick them up at the amphitheater, but not go to the concert. I just can't be in crowds these days.

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Someone just posted they were in a thread last week.

Do a search for lake norman maybe?

My ex's sister loves next a boat ramp there but that's not really any help to you.

Nandy

Commander

ok, you guys enjoy!!!