Boat Stickers for name?

mrmiddlemann26

Recruit
Hello all...

Well i am restoring my boat...and the final straw is going to be the name on the back/side.

Any places on line that will print a custom sticker? I created a graphic with the name just need a quality sticker?

any help?

thepotroast

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Boat Stickers for name?

Lookup a graphic design store in your area. In Pittsburgh, there should be plenty of them. Especially if you spent time restoring your boat, you would much rather want to sit down with the designer in front of their screen and draw up something, pick the right color(s) and sizes.

Heck...even FedEx Kinko's does vinyl work, I have used them many times for it. There is a local graphics store here that does all of the EMT vehicles for the next town up from mine, so they are used to doing large jobs. My boss (a yacht owner) got his lettering for his vessel done there, and it's lasted now for the past 6 years...on a boat that sits in a wet slip all it's life.

Just get it done locally. Much better than guessing online.

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just as a reminder, if it had a name that you are changing, be sure to go through the renaming ceremony or it'll all be for nothing.

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello all...

Well i am restoring my boat...and the final straw is going to be the name on the back/side.

Any places on line that will print a custom sticker? I created a graphic with the name just need a quality sticker?

any help?

Go To: DoItYourselfLettering.com

I use them all the time. Including decals and name for my boat.

Just send a high resolution pic and ask for a quote. They'll usually get back to you the same day....

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Any local sign shop can do it for a reasonable price and if you do it local you can go in and pick the exact color and font you want.

SuperDaddy

Seaman Apprentice

Just as a reminder, if it had a name that you are changing, be sure to go through the renaming ceremony or it'll all be for nothing.

Please divulge this mysterious ceremony you reference. I'm about to change the name of a boat I recently bought, and I'd rather not put a wicked curse on myself........!!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

:D

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Tashasdaddy has published a very good step-by-step article on the renaming ceremony, just search renaming. Neptune is not a forgiving god.

HeloMech

Seaman

I just put this one on last week. I have a 24" vinyl cutter here at the house.

DSC_0003.jpg

5150abf

Vice Admiral

That would hardly be handy at all.

Used to work at a sign shop and made all kinds of stickers, anyting you can get into the computer, pretty cool.

hubbard53

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just called a local shop and got a quote of $20.00 for a 5" x 24" name decal.

So is there a ceremony for naming the boat? Mine gets her name this season:

topshelf1.jpg

SuperDaddy

Seaman Apprentice

I just called a local shop and got a quote of $20.00 for a 5" x 24" name decal.

So is there a ceremony for naming the boat? Mine gets her name this season:

topshelf1.jpg

I like that one.....

Another one I saw that I liked was "The Office" in the same font as the TV show. My wife and I love that show, so we "got it" and appreciated the added "meaning". The owner heard us talking about the name and gave us a smile and a nod.

We named our first boat after our daughter, "Miss Josephine".

This year will be "Miss Josephine II".

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I had EXCELLENT results with National Decalcraft in eastern PA near Hatfield. Of course, I work in that location. The decals for my engine in the avatar were 36 bucks each for mirror image and the decal was better quality than the original print from which it came. They are 16 X 20 inches.

Patricia P. Kupris ndcc2750@comcast.net Tell her Frank with the mermaid recommended her. She will remember.

Want to see it bigger? send me your email in a private message and I will send a full screen photo.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I meant having a cutter at your house, I could probably keep myself in fishing money if I had one.

Worked for a sign shop years ago and made all kinds of stickers, fi you can get it into the computer you can cut it.

HeloMech

Seaman

oh.. yeah, I had a 24" thermal printer/plotter too but found that I could outsource the printed stuff. I do cut stuff for myself and friends and the rare customer. Mostly I just design or redesign stuff for people and have it printed laminated and cut near my work. I don't do much of that anymore really though. I have one cut and one print job for this week and that's probably all I'll take on for the month. Too much other stuff going on right now.

I do like the cutter though. I have a heat press still as well. Works well. Take that topshelf logo and cut it in white, mirrored and press it onto a black sweatshirt... love that stuff. lol.

edit - ps, I kept the $2500 software package and all the clipart when I sold the printer. lol