Suzuki 150 DT SS

craznazn

Recruit
I have an 1986 150 DT SS.

I haven't been out with my boat in a year. Getting the rig ready for weekend trip; checked the fuel, charged the batteries, and then I put the muffs the motor. Primed the fuel and then set up the muffs on the motor. Turned on the water and fired it up. Motor turned on right away, however I noticed that the water wasn't coming the normal holes....then a little steam came out. I shut the motor down....this all within a couple of minutes.

I know that I may need to replace the water pump, but is there something else that may be something major?

Any input...thanks!

:confused:

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Suzuki 150 DT SS

Run a wire up the Telltail hole, could have Mud Dauber plugging up a little, altho it sounds like it was coming clear. Also, sometimes you have to position the muffs differently on the water pick up. And its best have a double hose muff to make sure motor gets enough water in pick up's. And you won't ever get the same cooling effect on muffs like you would in a tank or on the water. Never rev the motor up real high on muffs. This info is from someone who has had to learn this the hard way. Revved my motor up, used single hose muffs, Mud Dauber nest in Telltail hole, but have learned a little in the 3 years since owning a boat.....My conclusion? I still need to learn a lot more! Wish I had the 30 years experience that Rodbolt has, then I'd be in high cotton!