Eska 5 hp lower unit

parklanep

Recruit
Hello everyone,
I am new here and have a quick question.. I see people have asked this question before but I dont agree with the answer.
I want to change the lower unit juice and am confused. The hole marked vent is below the hole marked fill? As I said its an older eska 5hp? I dont for the life of me see another applicable screw below these two? I know im supposed to fill from the lower hole. Do I fill from the vent hole? Would it help to post a picture? Also, is regular outboard lower unit oil ok for direct drive or do I need greez? Please help. Thanks in advanced
Sincerely,
Eric

sdcoll

Cadet
Re: Eska 5 hp lower unit

well i just looked in my manual and according to this the bottom crew is a drain/fill screw ....motor should be in upright position when filling gear case with lubricant.insert filler tube in lower plug opening and fill until lubricant is at the level of upper plug,then remove filler tube and install lower plug................that,s what is quoted in the manual................

bqqmpa

Recruit

I have a model 1142b. just bought at garage sale...it runs pretty good but I wonder if anyone knows what the initial settings for the carb main jet and idle jet.

I turned the main jet screw out 1 1/2 turns and the idle jet approx 3/4 turn..somewhere in the middle of the range.

M

mrcrabs

I use the same cheap screw in pump I use for my other outboard and just pump till its running out the vent, then top it off at the vent with a small oil can of gear oil if needed.