I'm not Irish but

May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Happy Saint Patrick's Day

My wife is Irish, but she won't make corned beef and cabbage for me today ... oh well. Happy St Patrick's Day to one and all.

axeslinger1957

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My wife is Irish, but she won't make corned beef and cabbage for me today ... oh well. Happy St Patrick's Day to one and all.

Sure 'n' begorra, 'tis only a quarter Irish I am, but my surname be Irish. Happy St. Patrick's Day and Slainte to ye all! May ye be in Heaven half an hour before the Divil knows ye are dead!

My wife would probably make the corned beef and cabbage, but I wouldn't touch it. You can have mine, aspeck.

Rattle-

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ate the "Jiggs Dinner" (corned beef & cabbage) when we were kids, but haven't had it in a while. Some will know why its called the Jiggs dinner, and some won't. Its a territorial thing, I think.. Both sides of my family emigrated to NB, Canada, as did alot in 1847, from Counties Antrim and Kerry. I watch everything I can, at this time of the year because its where I came from. Purely self-indulgence.

Kerry

Last edited:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well I'm an 1/8th Irish ...... we had CB & C last Saturday evening.

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

1/2 Irish here, the other 1/2 was lucky enough to partake of the cb&c tonight too. The girlfriend wouldn't make it, but my good Irish Ma did!

WHEW! Got the meat sweats!!:D:D
BOB

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well I'm not Irish, but I'm Polish ............ what was I talking about agian?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well I'm English but I will drink beer of any color !!!! green is good today !!!

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not Irish but I sure drank like I was last night at our private bar the Black Shamrock.

Cheers!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Had a few Black and Tans to celebrate with our Irish brother'n last night myself.:):)

aspeck

Staff member

Both sides of my family emigrated to NB, Canada, as did alot in 1847, from Counties Antrim and Kerry.
Kerry

My wife's family called Kerry home. The McGibboney's came to the US and dropped the Mc ... now they are only Gibboney. She wants to take a trip to Ireland so much to visit her roots. One of these days, after the little one is grown and out of the house, we will do just that.

angus63

Captain

I'm a Scot and the Mrs. is Irish. In other words, we can't cook or stay in the sun, but we'll meet you in the Public House and carry you home!!!! : )

Rattle-

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Aspeck,
My father and brother went to Ireland about 10 yrs ago and had a ball. Absolutley beautiful they said. Did not go to the Northern part though. They did, however, find a Pub that bore our family name, which Dad thought was pretty neat. Sister and BIL went 4 yrs ago, and raved about it. If I can get my woman on a plane, I'll get there too.

Kerry

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

OOOG!! I'm paying the price for eating all that corned beef now!:rolleyes:

YIKES!!!!:eek::eek:

BOB