Minn Kota question

sportsmanphil

Petty Officer 1st Class
I want to update my trolling motor on my Tracker and have it narrowed down but have a question for anyone that has used the model I am eyeballing.

I like the digital pedal because of its low profile. There are two of these pedals, one turns by heel to toe and the other is side by side. I like the side by side pedal.

I am looking for the negative's to this setup. Is it slow or weak turning etc? Is the wirelss option worth the 100$ extra?

Opinions greatly appreciated.

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Minn Kota question

I have no experience with the MK foot pedals, but will throw in a vote for wireless. I have the MG wireless and with keyfobs, attached to belts, moving all around the boat is possible. If the angler in the front is fighting a large fish, the angler in back can take control. My wireless footpedle is stored away for only emergency use, in case keyfob dies.

timalabim

Seaman

You don't mention which model you are looking at. The PowerDrive V2 and the Terrova are the model's which offer wireless. The different pedals you speak of (side to side) vs (front to back) are specific to the model. The PD has the side to side. There is quite a price difference between the PD and Terrova. Which from what I understand are the same motor but the pedals as you mention and the deploy mechanism are different. There are some other threads which discuss the differences. I went with the PD V2/AP. The Wireless copilot (with keyfob controller) was an additonal $135 or so. The wireless foot pedal would be another $110 or so. I'll use the wired footpedal up front, and my fishing partner will have the fob in the back for when I'm fighting the big one or tying on a new rig.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I have used MinnKota PD's for years and each version gets better. I have a V2 on my pontoon and it works nicely as does the deploy mechanism. Don't have a need or desire for wireless since that requires one hand when I prefer having both available for fishing while navigating stump fields.

sportsmanphil

Petty Officer 1st Class

I will get back later with the exact model, its around 500$ if that helps for now.