Timing Belt Tensioner bolt Torque for 25 hp Honda??

woodyking

Cadet
Can someone help me on this? I can't find it anywhere,and can't find my manual. This is the one bolt that holds the tensioner tight after you loosen it and let the spring take up the slack. I've got the procedure step by step how to do it, just don't know what the factory recommended torque is. Thanks very much in advance, Woody, in fishing weather Georgia!!

woodyking

Cadet
Re: Timing Belt Tensioner bolt Torque for 25 hp Honda??

Well, I bought a super manual on cd, has everything in the world....except this. It doesn't look like anyone here has the info either. Suppose everyone is too busy like I get sometimes. If someone knows or has this info I'd appreciate it, if not I'll just have to tighten it by feel and go. Thanks, Woody

marquette

Petty Officer 1st Class

hi
i have the honda sevice manual for a 1998 BF25A in front of me but i am not sure which bolt you are talking about. if you are talking about the bolt that goes through the center of the tensioner it is 31.8ft-lb. if you want to PM me your email i will scan the 3 pages on replacing the timing belt and send them to you. there are torque specs for every bolt.

woodyking

Cadet

That is it!! I PM'd you, but want to let the world know that I appreciate you too!!! I have a manual, can't find it... Then I bought a cd that has lots of great info, but left out that one detail.... Thank you again, Have a great summer on the water! Woody