Getting over the ex.

gonefishie

Commander
I'm must be on the way to recovery. Drove to Bass Pro Shop in Cincinnati today and dropped over 400 bucks and didn't feel bad about it. Can't wait to get on the water tommorrow and try out the new stuffs. :) :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Getting over the ex.

Recovery is good.

LOL I went to a gun show today and cabelas in CT..... did not buy anything but lunch!

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

did she tell you that you spend too much time on iboats?

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Never thought I could live without the old one......until I married the new one! ;) Good luck.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

See .... boats are much more fun than your next "ex." There are always women who want to go out on your boat, but you can send them home afterwards and forget the flowers on holidays, without getting in trouble!

The again, if you meet a woman who has a better boat than you do ... well .... it could just be love at first fishing trip! ;)

tallcanadian

Captain

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55988733879&ref=mf
The again, if you meet a woman who has a better boat than you do ... well .... it could just be love at first fishing trip! ;)

wanted-woman who likes to fish and likes boating. must be able to bait her own hook, take off her own fish. must have boat and motor. please send picture of boat and motor.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

You think you will never get over it to begin with but time is a great healer as is finding the "right lady" again. Following your other hobbies and passions as you did is great as well.
All the best to you for the future.

chiefalen

Captain

Sad but true there was a life before her, now there is a life after her.

Your young ? Don't beat yourself up over this, easy to say hard to do.

Just don't hook up with another woman just cause your lonely, or miss her.

Believe, after a few months you will think," i miss her like a abscess tooth ".
Believe me you will feel better when the tooth gets yanked, and the woman is gone.

Go on a cruise, go on vacation. Meet new people, go live life, the next adventure is around the corner.

idrownworms

Petty Officer 1st Class

wanted-woman who likes to fish and likes boating. must be able to bait her own hook, take off her own fish. must have boat and motor. please send picture of boat and motor.

I have an older runabout with one of Ole Evinrudes fishin motors
14 fishing poles, some I have built myself
Know how to bait a hook with leaf worms, nightcrawlers, minnows, crawdads, etc.
On taking the fish off the only thing that bothers me is catfish when I'm by myself I grab their lower lip with pliers to hold them. ( You may laugh)

I regret to tell you; however, I am not taking applications at this time, I am happy by myself

Here is a boat I would like to have

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i have been Offically single almost 29 years, it gets better every year. now i enjoy being single. i'm too old, cantankerous, and set in my ways, to deal with anyone else. they just don't like being lower on the list, than my boats and dog.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,...

I've been Officially single All my Life....

Never wanted any rug-rats,+ that's about the Only reason I could think of for gettin' Married....

About 6 years ago,... A Lady entered my life,... I tried Everything to pizz her off, thinkin' she'd go away...
She's Still here,+ probably isn't going anywhere...
I Love her,+ see spending the rest of my natural life with her,...
As for Marriage,... If there comes a day when it's reasonable, due to taxes, or whatever,...
Maybe, I'll give it a Try....

Btw,.....
Never, Ever cry about a woman who's moved on,...
It's Her Loss,+ Your Gain.....
There's still Lots,+ Lots of fish in the sea.......;)

chiefalen

Captain

Now you don't get yelled at for leaving the seat up.

You can pass gas anywhere in the house you want.

You feel like scratching you just go ahead and scratch.

Want to stay out all night playing cards, theres nobody gonna give you grief when you do.

Want to go out drinking no problemo.

Want to walk around in your b-day suit no problemo.

So it's about what you want now, nobody to ask their opinion.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I'm must be on the way to recovery. Drove to Bass Pro Shop in Cincinnati today and dropped over 400 bucks and didn't feel bad about it. Can't wait to get on the water tommorrow and try out the new stuffs. :) :D

Your well on the way,

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I lost my love of 10 years last January. Sent her to the curb to be with that 'other guy'. I thought for the first week it would be tough being single in my mid 20's after being in a relationship since highschool. Boy was I wrong! It was great. sometimes think I jumped in to this new relationship a little too soon, or at least let her move in too soon. She is 100x's better then the ex though.

204 Escape

Ensign

Well, when I was 21, I got married. I thought that all marriages would be like mom and dad's. WRONG !!!!!

Married wife #2. We went together for 3 years. Thought it would be great. WRONG again.

Took in the 3rd woman. Lived with her for a year. Did as I dang well pleased stayed out late at night, came home drunk, made her mow the yard, (she still does), everything that you could do to get her to leave.

21 years later, she's still here. Best deal I EVER got !!!!!!!! ;) She even kinda likes boats now !!! (She'd NEVER been in a boat before she met me !!!!!)