problem with firefox and yahoo mail - Help!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
I installed firefox last week and it works just fine. Except now I find that I cannot log onto my yahoo mail from Internet Explorer anymore. Even if I sign out in firefox, and chose the "do not remember passwords" option, I still cannot signon from IE.

This is really driving me nuts. I may have to uninstall firefox, but I don't want to because its the only thing I found that makes iboats forum run at a normal speed.

So why does firefox hold a lock on my yahoo account even when I sign out and close firefox?

This is super annoying. :mad::mad::mad:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: problem with firefox and yahoo mail - Help!

cookies! ??

Nandy

Commander

Hmm, firefox will not keep you from log in yahoo mail as long as you know the right password. You can log in from multiple computers to yahoo mail. Worst you will see is that the other sessions log off.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hmm, firefox will not keep you from log in yahoo mail as long as you know the right password. You can log in from multiple computers to yahoo mail. Worst you will see is that the other sessions log off.

Yes, I can log on to yahoo mail from another PC using IE. Just not from IE on the PC with firefox.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I deleted all cookies, both firefox and IE and now I can sign on from either.

That was weird. Maybe the IE cookies for yahoo got corrupted. It kept asking me to verify my password, but didn't give an option to verify it.

Nandy

Commander

That was probaby it. Firefox can import bookmarks from IE but I dont think it uses the IE cookies for nothing... Glad you got it working...