Tachometer force how does it set up

gustafsonerik

Petty Officer 1st Class
i have a 125hp force 88 i'm trying to hook it up..its asking me how many poles is my alternator???..also from left to right does anyone know what goes where i.e tachometer,plus,ground etc??

19f9_1_sbl.jpg

Last edited:

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: Tachometer force how does it set up

Erik
Your tach should say if its 20 pole somewhere on that blue case, and I believe it definitely is a 20 pole.
The (3) connections that have to be made are:
-Ground: Obvious, run that connection to a known ground in your electrical under the dash.
-Power/hot: Again, under the dash you should have an ignition power/hot connection point. Ideally this should be fused.
-Signal: This has to hook up to the tach signal connection off the motor. Your wiring harness (under dash) should contain a purple wire that was run from the motor forward in the factory wiring. It is probably taped up if you have never had a tach installed but it usually was always part of the wiring. You will need to find it.
As well, pull your engine cowl off and look at the wiring/junction block on the side of the motor. You should see a connection labelled tach signal and there will probably be that purple wire connected to it.
Let us know how it goes.
BP:cool: