Chris Craft "Q" Motors. I NEED YOUR HELP!

Cataruce

Recruit
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and computers alltogether but i really need somones help! I have a 1973 Chris Craft 33 foot which has two Chevy 350 Q series motors. I have searched the internet high and low as well as sending my kids on the search too and i am having trouble finding anything in the way of motor parts for my boat. I am especially interested in Cooling system parts, but equally interested in ALL parts.
I am in dire need of a Thermostat housing along with cap, Sea **** Pump, Exhaust manifold end cap and water pump. Does Anyone at all have any connects or know where to direct me so i can find these parts, i am having no luck!

Thank you so much in advance!:p

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Chris Craft "Q" Motors. I NEED YOUR HELP!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard.... Got any Pictures of the Beasts,..??

I don't have a resourse for the ChrisCraft peripheral parts,...
Somebody else may have something,..

I think you might have to do alittle Creative Engineering it keep the old girl runnin'....
Maybe not...

Here's a link I found somewhere, sometime,... Donno anything about them though...
They Claim to know the Chris-Chevies...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Contact Chris Craft (if they still exist), and ask if they still have parts and manuals. About 5 years ago most of the stuff was still available, including manuals.
CC used a lot of their own castings, for manifolds, exhaust, bellhousings, etc. So finding parts may be a real pain with the old oem CC stuff.

seven up

Petty Officer 1st Class

You'll find some stuff once in a while at eBay motors/parts and accesories/boats/type in "chris craft".

Some other parts at Marine engines.com, too.

Best of Luck

rthomas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you might sniff around at chriscraft commanders club (cccc) last year i was looking at a cc and that place had the best info

Cataruce

Recruit

I do not have any pictures on my computer yet but ill be sure to upload some.
and Cool, i did not know about the CCCC and it seems like a good site. Ebay has had items here and there but your right, for the most part theres not much on ebay for me. Thank you guys for your help and if anyone else knows something im still all ears!

captk

Petty Officer 1st Class

Might try Midwest Marine in St. Clair Shores, Michigan. I seem to recall that tey bought a lot if Chris stuff one of the 15 times Chris was sold.

chiefalen

Captain

What did Cris Craft do to the 350 to make it hard to get parts for it ??

I'm just wondering thats all.

seven up

Petty Officer 1st Class

The log exhaust manifolds/risers are still available new as well as the sherwood raw water pumps. If you can type chris craft exhaust manifold your there. Well, that and a couple grand. B O A T break out another thousand. Bell housings I couldn't tell ya.

Enjoy