The Circus is in Town !!!!

mthieme

Captain
And tickets start at $55 and go up to $255 a head.:eek:
Is it me, or is the rest of the world simply going nuts?
Don't know if they have kids discounts, but do these idiots actually expect a family to drop a grand to go see them? ...much less several hundred.
I'll have to put a bug in the wife's ear that her father should take ALL the grandkids to the circus.:D

Re: The Circus is in Town !!!!

Thats crazy. I know prices go up. where did you see this price and was it the barnum and Baily ringling brothers?

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer

We went to a circus a couple of years ago. They handed out free tickets to a kinds of businesses. Once you got there, you could upgrade to premium seating for about 10 bucks. Not a bad deal. They got you on concessions and kiddie toys if you bought them, though......I don't think there was an American in the whole show. They were all Mexican/South American.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

When the Ringling Bros. B&B Circus came to my home town,Southern Pines, NC, kids under 12 could earn a free ticket by gophering and "helping" during set-up. Some kids got tickets for staying out of the way. :)

I remember giving an elephant a shower a lot more vividly than I remember the acts inside the tent later on.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

JB, you are telling your age!!!!! like every other business, there cost of survival is going up. i can't imagine the cost of just maintaining the train. i love to go watch the 'elephant walk', when they come to town.

chiefalen

Captain

Now thats alot of scratch, but look at baseball tickets. Used to be the bleachers at Yankee Stadium were 10 bucks. No more they don't have a cheap ticket listed anymore when the new one gets built.

Took my son to a game between the Yankees and the Mets at Shea and tickets on the first base line side, were outrageous, but it was his b-day so i sprung for them.

Only way to see a baseball game now is the minors, then you can bring the whole family, it's still reasonable.

But to expect to pay so mush for the circus is crazy.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

girl here just went to see the circus with her front row seating for $40 a pop. $2XX for a circus ticket I would not even consider paying. Take the kid to a flea circus instead. LOL

Tyme2fish

Commander

When the Ringling Bros. B&B Circus came to my home town,Southern Pines, NC, kids under 12 could earn a free ticket by gophering and "helping" during set-up. Some kids got tickets for staying out of the way. :)

I remember giving an elephant a shower a lot more vividly than I remember the acts inside the tent later on.

It wasn't Ringling Bros, but I did the same thing back in the '50's. Helped them set up tents,etc and got a free pass to the show. I guess I was about 10 years old or so.

I remember passing by the lion cage and seeing one of the circus people scratching the male lion behind his ears. That kind of blew the bubble for me on the "Huge ferocious, man eating lion." that was advertised on the marquee.:eek:

mthieme

Captain

It's not Ringling, it's Kooza. Never heard of them.
I saw it on the news last night.
Kids under 12 start at $38.50 and go up to $154

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I will bet that in my lifetime that 50 circus's have come to town and I have missed them all :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Cirque Du Soleil is the latest thing and it is great. That is what the Kooza is. Google it and you will see it is quite the show.

If you are looking for the "traditional" then you need to look for Cole or Ringling Bros

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

You need to move to Venice, Florida. That's where the circus spends the winters. They will pay you to come by and keep the lions and tigers company. Or maybe they were having a food shortage??? :D

puddle jumper

Captain

I love the circus. The last one we went to was a Mexican circus. It had the wolf boys in it. Just a small tent , one ring and lots of people putting on the show. Very small time and cheep to go to.

I will have to admit $50 to a few hundred is outrages. But on the other hand if you went to the circus olay from Quebec you would pay all of that and be thrilled watching it. If you ever get a chance to see it i would recommend it.Those guys do things that should be impossible to do.