Tower info?

J&K

Seaman Apprentice
Just got a 2003 Larson LXI 190
Thought I would just buy a nice tower and away we go.
We do some wake boarding, but mostly pulling tubes and knee boards.
Some of our kids are full size teens, usually pulling two flat round tubes together.
A few of the dealers say that towers will not be strong enough to pull them?
Has any one been pulling tubers with there tower?
What is the stories are they true?
Thanks
Jeff

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tower info?

Although pulling tubes with a tower is possible...
I do not suggest it.
When a tuber crashes and the tube fills with water, it puts a lot of strain on the boat. Also, I don't know if this was the intention, but tubing behind a tower may be a little harder when crossing wakes and/or making turns. With the rope being much higher, it will cause the rider to bounce much more, giving more possibilities to damage the tube and or flip the rider.

Getting the tower would still be a great idea for the wakeboarders and kneeboarders. It makes a huge difference for wake jumps. But, I would recommend keeping the tubes on transom eye.

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I agree with the above, no tubes from a tower. My tower says it right on it never to tube from it. I figure it might handle it but why risk my passengers safety and the boats hull safety. If you were to rip a tower off your boat the damage would be signifigant for sure. Plus I cant think of any advantage pulling a tube from a tower would have unless you were trying to roll the passengers off the tube.

J&K

Seaman Apprentice

ok
What brand of towers do you guys have?
Are you happy with them?
Jeff

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

www.diywake.com
He makes quality products, excellent quality, communication and shipping. I have purchased a few racks and a light bar from Raul. I have read his towers are nice and reasonable.