Blue CDI box on Force engine

bigmike2

Recruit
Does anyone know whether if you use a blue CDI box do you have to use the blue coils also or can you use a blue CDI box and use the black coils

maxum247

Lieutenant
Re: Blue CDI box on Force engine

Blue coils are recommended.

max!

Bigprairie1

Commander

I think you have to use blue coils with the blue CDI box....not sure exactly tho'. Search for another post in this section with the words blue and/or black in them...you'll see some other posts w.r.t this issue.:cool:
BP

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I had (have) a 1990 90Hp with blue boxes and black and blue coils mixed. It ran well for two years, but last season I did lose spark on one cyklinder. I have not yet tested components so I can not say if it is a bad CD box or bad coil, or what color, but it is definitely one of them because the stator and triggers are good.

SO, take it as you will.

Personally, when I replace ignition components, I am definitely going to mix colors in a set pattern (one blace box and one blue coil, one blue box and one black coil, third coil to match one box.) and see if premature failure occurs again.

---Obviously, I can afford to experiment: This is not my everyday engine and I have extra ignition parts.---